Saturday, March 7, 2009

While Dad's Away

Travis was camping with the Boy Scouts once again. No skin off my back because me and the kids get crazy. Last night in celebration of Read Across America week we had Green Eggs and Sausage. I didn't have ham okay. With some twelve grain toast. Yum, my favorite. And pretty much the only kind of bread I am eatting since giving up white bread for Lent.

For dessert we gobbled down some raspberry popscicles we made. They were super good and less than five calories, thanks Crystal Light. And last we went to Red box and got a movie. Madagascar 2 proved to be a new favorite for my kids and they laughed and danced their way through it. I can't wait for Travis to get home so we can let him watch it with the kids to see how much they love it. Their joy is our joy. Life is good.

4 comments:

Campbell Family said...

So cute. I'm glad you're surviving w/o your hubby. :)

whitney allison said...

Nothing celebrates literacy quite like green eggs and sausage. You're a fun mom.

Mindee Graver said...

Gotta love the green eggs and sausage! Did any of the kids not want it at first because its green? Or were they ALL for it!?

Laura Lynn said...

So cute. There is proof that they enjoyed those popsicles! I love that their joy is your joy. Don't you love hearing them really enjoy themselves with their siblings? It's great and we cracked up over Madagascar 2, too!