Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bella's Birthday

It wasn't until I took this picture that I realized how big Bella is getting. This isn't the face of a little girl anymore. I guess a mother's life is composed of moments like these. Time continues evenly but is only noticed enough to be caught off gaurd in one singular moment. I can see in this face the face of my teenage daughter. She has such distinct features now and is loosing the chubby oval face of her toddler years. She has these amazing cheekbones from her father and the most spectacular brown eyes that twinkle over her every little excitement. The smile spreading over her face will someday be over some boy instead of jewelry and stick on earrings. She is at that age where so many girls are leaving their childhood behind and grasping at their preteen years already. But I, I am lucky enough to have this girl who is in no rush to grow up.

This year's birthday wishes include older girl things like makeup, a watch, jewelry, and stuff for dance class, but still largely remains imbued with all things little girl oriented like tinkerbell paraphernalia. She believes fairies are real and that she should be one because they are the only people as happy as she is. She is right. She has a happiness about her often unreplicated. She loves to laugh and her laugh is so maniacal I can't help but laugh when I hear it. She already has such a deep love for her family and Heavenly Father that sometimes I am astounded by the maturity she possesses. She is the perfect combination of innocence and adulthood. And because of this she is my best friend despite the age gap and familial relationship. Happy Birthday Belba doo. I love you so much.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Bella! She really is looking so grown up!

Candace said...

how sweet...Happy Birthday Bella!! Mary you inspire me to be a better mom. you are great. Thank you.

Sommer said...

She sounds like such a lovely little girl!

Laura Lynn said...

Happy Birthday, Bella!

Anonymous said...

Bella looks so beautiful in that picture!

Happy Birthday, Bella! Hope you had a great day! :)

Panda said...

happy birthday bella!