Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mini Moments of Love


I don't know what has happened but since the New Year started I have loved being a mom even more than I previously did. Maybe because the kids are getting older and require less help, care, etc... But the moments that melt my heart are the little ones that I never even noticed before. It is the times when Wyatt is good during story time at the library and so I ask him what he wants as a reward and he picks extra one on one time with me. And when Issac is sitting in my lap and unexpectedly grabs my checks squeezing and says, "Mom, I love you." When during family scripture time at night I end up with four kids piled in my lap, beside me, or vying for any additional inch of space that is close to me. It is the moments when we are playing as a family like in this clip and I realize that these kids are the best. It is when Bella sticks up for Issac being "wronged" by Wyatt and lays him flat out. Maybe it's not what I would have done but there is something in our family that is so tangible and that's LOVE. Being loved and loving others no matter how you choose to do it is a gift and I am being bombarded by them constantly and I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

so sweet

ambyr said...

hey hey!!! i've been catching up on my reader and I have to say I love this video!! It reminds me of being a kid again!! You're such a cool mom!! letting the kids pillow fight with couch cushions!! your kids ssem like they are at a very fun age. AND, your house! it's so clean!!!!

Candace said...

you are one lucky momma!!! keep up the good work.