Saturday, March 21, 2009

Peeing: It Isn't A Joke

I never thought I'd be quite so grateful that I can pee when I want on command. Oh sure there had been that first time I was pregnant at the doctors office and couldn't go but a few drops and diluted it with water so they could do the pregnancy test but that was one of my more shameful experiences. Since then the task of peeing seems easy often annoying at times.

Yesterday I went to pick my mother up from the hospital to come home already a day later than expected and all that stood in the way of her coming home was one successful sit upon the porcelain throne. Well between the cocktail of pain meds dehydrating her system and her medicine induced practically comatose state preventing her from drinking oppurtunities she just couldn't produce the neccessary evidence to prove she could come home.

But this morning the call has come from her. She is ready to come home and I am thanking my lucky stars she finally peed and that I can pee without all this hulabaloo and just feeling grateful that I still have a healthy body intact functioning as it should without any major intervention.

3 comments:

Mindee Graver said...

lol! Thanks for that post... never thought about how nice it is to be able to pee when you want... Thanks for opening my mind :)

Beckie said...

Hurray for pee! Glad I got to see you even if it is only for a few moments.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your mom would love to know that everyone knows about her body functions ~~ or lack thereof!!