Thursday, March 5, 2009

Daddy Daughter Doughnut Day

This week is Read Across America Week. As well as having crazy dress up days, Dr. Suess style, they had parent activities. Mom's and Dad's could come read to their kids before school starts and eat treats. First two days of the week for Moms and the second two for Dads. But...Mom's got muffins and Dad's got doughnuts. I don't know if it is just the alliteration or if they think Mom's really prefer muffins. Can I be a dad and get a doughnut? They are on different days after all. Regardless this was one activity I didn't want to swing. Waking up all the kids just to got to school at 7:10 to read to Bella and eat muffins didn't seems worth it especially when I want a doughnut and I read to Bella or she reads to me most days. But Travis being the rock star superhero of our house went in this morning with Bella. I love this man. I wish I could have been there just to catch a picture but I guess this one will have to do.

6 comments:

Mindee Graver said...

Where was this picture taken at?? I can see Phillip in the mirror in the background.

ANd YES Circus! I love that song! Whats wrong with it???? :)

Beckie said...

What a fantastic Dad! I bet Bella feels like the most loved kid in the world.

Sommer said...

That is so sweet, man your family is just wonderful!

whitney allison said...

I'm sure Bella loved every second of it. I bet not a lot of dads do that. Travis is a good one.

Emmalee said...

Is she crying in this picture???? Or is she just really happy?

Ashley said...

How cute! I think our school should doing something like that, although I agree with you on the whole doughnut thing.
Boy does Bella look like you!