Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ka Ka Ka Kody

This week started with a trip to the doctor's office. Not my favorite task to do while toting three boys but it was neccessary. It wasn't anything serious just his standard 18 month appointment. All was going just fine until the nurse walked in. They are a smaller office and only have one nurse. He took one look at her and no lie remembered three months ago to when he got shots and just started crying. She said incredulously, "He remembers me." And this is my Kody. He is most definitely the cutest redhead in the world. His favorite things in the world are laying in the spare bed in his room and me reading to him by himself and the bathtub. I have countless great bathtub shots of this kid. He weighed in at 24 lbs. 6 oz. putting him in the 30% for his weight which is where he was at 15 months, his head was 48.5 cm which kept him also at the 75% from last time. But in these three months he did not grow at all, not even 1/4 of an inch. So he stayed at 31 inches and went from being in the 45% to the 18%. Apparently Travis and my genes have gotten a hold of him after all. Kody has the best blue eyes and is really getting better at talking each day. He is just barely leaving the clingy stage but in strange places and around strange people he becomes monkey baby clinging to Travis or me for dear life. The only exception to this appears to be nursery. We drop him off and stay for a minute or so and then he is ready for us to walk out.
Perhaps the best part about Kody is the stage he is in. He is very clever and smart but he is learning to be silly and play jokes. He tries to do things that make Travis and I laugh and often times he has great success. The other day as he pulled things out I found this mess. Upon seeing my not too enthused face he put the container on his head and started laughing. Of course I started laughing and he took it off and showed me this big grin to say see this is funny. His one sock on one sock off look is getting more common as he doesn't seem to care either way. He's more mellow like Travis and Wyatt. In the mornings often times I enter his room to see him partially naked. Almost always his shirt is off and thrown out of the crib and his onesie he has managed to slide over his shoulder and is hanging around his waist. Only once have his pants been removed and I am just lucky enough that he has not attempted to take his own diaper off yet that I know of anyway.
The only downside to Kody is that he can be quite jealous sometimes. If Issac is sitting in my lap he will come over and try to push him out to stake his claim on his territory. Most of the time he won't even sit there afterwards of if he does it is just for a moment. But on the flip side him and Issac are becoming fast friends and often play with one another over everyone else. Yesterday at the doctor's office she was going over 18 month old behaviors. She said they don't share. They just don't grasp the concept don't fight him on it yet. I thought okay whatever crazy lady. And this morning I smiled happily and knowingly at breakfast when Issac and Kody both wanted the same piece of cereal and Kody got it first and Issac started to cry. Kody looked at that piece of cereal, walked across the bench, and put it in Issac's bowl. That's sharing for you lady, he may not be perfect at it, but what child is at any age. Quite positively I love this kid and all my kids. They are perfect to me.

4 comments:

Biz said...

The Dak-Attack loves mom and hates me. Hmmm...I question his judgment.

Ashley said...

That is just too cute about the sharing. I agree with you. Besides...moms know best! What a cutie. I always wanted a red-headed baby.

Sommer said...

holy cow Mary he is gorgeous!!! I can't get over his bright blue eyes!!! That is so sweet about the sharing!

Campbell Family said...

What a sweet post and a super cute kid! I love hearing about their personalities and all that they do.