Saturday, June 14, 2008

Me and the Elements

I am thrilled to back in the land of thunderstorms, high winds, snow, etc... There is something about the rawness of nature's elements that I can connect to. Something about weather fronts colliding, moisture collecting, and the finality of it being restrained no longer and breaking free suddenly and unexpectedly that calls to me. And about the time the clouds roll in low and dark and foreboding is about the time I feel an internal urge to go outside. I start to get antsy and feel myself drawn to our front porch or back step to watch. And where people run to find cover from the rain or snow and sink into the comfort of their homes, I run freely splashing or escape outside to create snow angels.

Me helping Elizabeth commune with nature too, especially snow.

4 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

My gosh. . .was that recently?!? Wow. We have been well into summer for months. I have to confess, I am not like you. I do not like the snow, the bone chilling cold and the wearing of all the layers. Guess I'm a texas girl for sure. . .

Biz said...

Thunderstorms are our friends. Snow is the enemy.

Mary said...

No it was the winter in Utah.

Snow is life, beauty, and newness.

Mindee Graver said...

I to love Thunderstorms, and snowstorms. I like to sit on the front portch and watch them come in, its beautiful. Although I do not run into the snow or rain, like you, but I just like to watch, they are very soothing~