Sunday, June 8, 2008

Country Wide Mourning Takes Place

It is going to be a sad day in the country tomorrow and many days afterward. As many of you already know, I am not a shy breastfeeder. I am the mom whipping her boob out oblivious or rather unconcerned with the dodgey glances flying all around me.

But tomorrow starts a new age one where my youngest child, Kody - 9 mos - is weened. Typically I wait till a year, but being an earlier teether and all we seem to have different ideas as to what breastfeeding is all about. I believe it is a form of nourishment. To Kody it is a playground for his newly blossoming teeth. Nevermind the teething toys so craftily made and millions invested by toy manufacturers. It seems the only thing he teethes on are my teets.

So as of tomorrow, Kody, adios to my teets. They will no longer bare the tread mark scabbed scars of your teeth. And to the world, you no longer will enjoy the privledge of a quick peep show on which my pancake boobs flop lifelessly out of my braizzerre. Weeping may begin now as I know you are all devasted. So long.

7 comments:

ambyr said...

my milk just came as I was reading this.... you're too funny mary

Staigerfamily said...

Best of luck. ..and I along with the rest of the country will miss the "pancake boobs flop lifelessly" peep show. You make me laugh

candice said...

HILLARIOUS!!!! Allie came over to the computer to see what I was laughing so hard about! Sad day for him, happy day for Travis. Now their just for him, he'll treat them much better- I'm sure!!

Biz said...

DISGUSTING.

Staigerfamily said...

From jonathan:
Mary--
I knew you were bold, but c'mon the description here is a little much. The image troubles me. . .

nicole said...

all I can say is I hear ya honey there and back again.

We Three Queens said...

HAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I nearly wet myself laughing. You are completely crazy!!!! I'm still laughing.