Thursday, June 26, 2008

Funny Thing

Okay so I know that my husband and I don't have the most sophisticated sense of humor. So here goes the following story.

Behind our house is this little area of overgrown weeds, grass, etc... A "no man's land" among our subdivision. I don't think anyone actually knows who owns it so it doesn't get mowed by any HOA. It is taller than me at most spots. Anyway Travis loves it and decided he was going to cut all kinds of little paths for the kids through it. So he made several paths and clearings in the weeds. The kids loved it and played there for the rest of the night. Maybe two hours or so.

Anyway as we are getting ready for bed, Wyatt says, "I smell like weed." I started to laugh a little. Bella then informs us that she smells like weed too. At this point both Travis and I are laughing. The kids looked at us like we were nuts and asked what was so funny. Oh a conversation for another day I suppose. It shouldn't be that hysterical to us, but it was. Oh the little things.

4 comments:

Biz said...

I am audibly laughing right now. Whoa... uh... now the co-workers have just read your blog too.

Stacy said...

ok so you did not say what kind of weeds they were,;) and you did not mention that you burned them.... HAhaha. Now I see why you wanted to move back home. You got the good weeds...LOL I hope someday the kids remember what they said so you can have the weed talk again. lol

ambyr said...

oh mary....let me know how that converstaion goes when yall get to that point!! That's hilarious!

Mindee Graver said...

I too am laughing out loud! Thats hilarious. You are welcome anytime this week if you want to come check out the house! My parents are coming on Thursday at 11:45 at night! I can't wait!