Monday, June 30, 2008

Kid Update 1 - Isabella

Isn't she lovely? Bella is so dear to my heart. She is my best helper and friend. She makes me laugh. Recently she has been bored not being in school and she can't wait for first grade. I only hope it isn't a disappointment to her when she is actually going again. I have been keeping her as busy as possible though having her read to me. It is amazing and I can't always believe it: I have a child who can read. We do the library every Wednesday morning typically and I pick books to last a week. She has also been writing in her summer journal. And either I am getting better at reading kid writing or she is getting better at coming close to spelling correctly. Probably both. Another time I'll have to scan a page and let you all try and decipher it. Just know it's all proper phonetics, which I didn't remember too well, until my satellite Kindergarten class via Bella. I'm a little worried for middle and high school, but I guess I'll keep learning as long as I have a child in school.

1 comment:

Staigerfamily said...

I love these kid updates! She is so cute! Do post the scan of her writing, I'd love to see it (not that you HAVE to post pictures of anything I suggest, seeing as to how many picture suggestions I ignore on my blog. . .dope :P )