Friday, June 13, 2008

Food Blogs

Lately I have seen an influx of food blogs. Can't say that I am surprised that American obesity is on the rise, what with our obsession with food and all. This is not to say that I don't appreciate the occasional recipe on your blog if it is really good, but the overall blog created for recipes only gives me slight hesitation. I am even more concerned if it is just one person creating an entire blog for just recipes. To me it shouts eatting disorder or in the very least, unhealthy relationship with food. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am a cynic, somebody please explain.

3 comments:

Anja said...

I have a recipe blog and we do it with lots of people so that we can share our ideas. I actually haven't posted on it in awhile, but it's on my page if you want to see....no eating disorder here! By the way, I like your new page!

candice said...

Funny how you comment on food blogs, yet you updated your background with what... food!!! I guess cherries are still a better choice than french fries you are so fond of! It's finally warming back up here. It's been in the 50's and low 60's. I can't believe the weather!! BTW, the guy in the pictures you asked about is my brother Damon. It says so in the first line of my entry. Since you read 4 books a week I guess you sped by that little detail!!! Just being sarcastic, hope it makes you chuckle this morning!!

The Doctors Wife said...

I just found one on crockpot cooking and one where a lady posts her original recipes. It's just people being creative in the kitchen and wanting to share their talent with those of us who aren't as talented.