Sunday, March 2, 2008

Service Brings About Love

Yesterday was such a busy day. The first half of the morning was filled with house viewing and lucky for us, we found two we love, and one we like. Of course there is one we like more than the rest, so we'll see how that goes in the upcoming days.

The second half of the day was filled with a service project for my Mom. We emptied over 300 jars of canned food that was over twenty five years old. Most of it spoiled or just scary. Pulled posts from the yard that used to be used for grape vines and an old satelite dish poll. And lastly we hooked up electricity to the shed.

Although it was a long day and by six I was beyond spent, it was great. It was something so beautiful as I witnessed the miracle of learning to love those you serve. People who had previously bad feelings were tempered by the service, those who incured financial damage to their belongings through helping were amazing with how little they were bent out of shape, and most of all I saw adults and children alike laughing and bonding through work.

Christ promises miracles through service and, even though it was small, I witnessed one yesterday from my vantage point of the cellar door looking out. Thanks everyone. I love my family. Everything about life is great when I am spending time with you guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your post. It is so true. It reminds me of the book I am reading, Amish Grace. The acts of service and forgiveness done to the widow of the killer by the Amish whose daughters were murdered is indeed inspiring and it looks like maybe you were able to experiece just a small taste of that only under more pleasant circumstances. You are a good writer and I really enjoyed what you wrote.