Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St. Patricks Day

As promised my holiday post goes to Bella. A little late but better than never. So in school they were given the assignment to make a leprechaun trap for show and tell. I knew this was something her dad would have to help her with since I have no talent in the creativity department.

They set off to work, and quickly they hatched a plan. The general concept being that leprechauns like gold and therefore seek it out. We purchased some gold coins, candy oriented, at the store. We put them in a container with a small leprechaun sized hand hole opening. Once in the hole there was a net that kept him from retreiving the gold, but upon trying to pull his hand out there were toothpick spikes angled inward impaling the tiny leprechaun hand or keeping him from trying to get away. This whole contraption is bolted and tied off to a heavy piece of furniture, so he can't run off with the whole kit and caboodle.

Now although this trap has a few loopholes for my far too practical eyes, I loved her idea and ingenuity. Here's to schools promoting leprechaun traps. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Sechrist Family said...

Love it! My kids were on spring break so they didn't get to make one! :( Alot of the kids from their baseball team made them, it sounds fun! For you, that is.

Anja said...

I'm doing great! Almost done with this pregnancy so I'm happy and can't complain! I didn't have your blog when I posted all those pics b/c I have plenty of us too! I'll have to do it again in awhile! I love that I found your blog, this stuff is such a great way to keep in touch with friends and family! Your kids are way too cute! I love the names you picked out for your kids! I think our little girl is going to be Kardin Avery but I'm not sure yet!

Staigerfamily said...

That is so funny. I loved reading about this trip thing. Totally a dad project! VERY creative!!