Thursday, March 6, 2008

Kid Update 1 - Dakota (Kody)


What a great kid. To me each day he becomes more of a Kody. Travis thinks he'll always be a Dakota. Regardless that is why we gave him the name we did. We love options at our house. For more on options see "Kid Update 3". Anyway he is the antithesis of the stereotypical redhead. He is the most mellow, pleasant, and easy baby - ever. Boy does Heavenly Father know what he is doing or what. He is so much like Travis. He easily smiles and loves to laugh.


He is sitting up now days as of a couple of weeks ago, which Travis was surprised to discover one night about two weeks ago. He hasn't started to crawl yet, which is surprising since he started turning over at two weeks old. I think because he spends so little time on the ground now days. Grandma is always scooping him up. She loves to ravish him and has her own perfect doll. He is starting to eat solids. Eeks for the upcoming diapers. Lastly he has started saying "hi". At first Grandma thought it was a fluke, but I knew otherwise. He says it with consistency when he is picked up and you say hi first. I all around love this kid. No complaints - YET.


3 comments:

Mindee Graver said...

Love the nic-name Kody! He is totally a Kody! I love that little guy, just as I do all your others! I am so glad you guys live here now so that we all can play!

whitney allison said...

I love that he's such red head, and a cute one too! Shocker. Sorry to any red heads who might be reading this but who are you trying to kid? muahahaha

Biz said...

I LOVE THESE KIDS. I MISS THESE KIDS. I want to scoop them all up until they are so annoyed by me. That's my favorite. Don't let them forget me.