Thursday, March 13, 2008

To Daylight Save or Not

I have to admit I was one of the biggest fans of the lengthened and hopefully soon to be permanent daylight savings system. That is till now. I am tired. So tired. I know I lost an hour of sleep this last week and that is a lot for someone like me who treasures every single minute of sleep. It's not just that though. Each morning I am setting an alarm to wake Bella up for school and it is still dark, each day gets better, but originally it was pitch black. And I am not one of those people who is good at waking up if the sun hasn't done so yet.

Call me crazy but I also think it has to do with Kody sleeping the whole night again. I know - she's nuts you're all thinking and it's true - I am. But hear me out. Every mother knows the zombie like state you are in when you are up all night. To some degree though I feel like your body compensates or HF gets you through it in a daze that is aware of the sleepiness that exhausts even your bones, but your mind is off on a vacation and doesn't quite process it.

Well now that Kody is sleeping all night again ten plus hours every night - hooray - those six months of sleep deprivation my brain is all to well aware of. And it is taking it's vengence like a crazy, rabbid animal looking to make other animals as crazy as it feels. I can't get enough sleep. I sleep a minimum of eight hours a night, once Bella is on the bus I go back to sleep till the boys awake a half to full hour later, and I am napping everyday.

But I am bedraggled, exhausted, and moving like a snail on downers. Help me. So the last thing I need is to be forced to wake up in the dark. But still I get behind the daylight savings thing and just hope that my body remembers its youthfulness and rebounds quickly.

2 comments:

whitney allison said...

Just have Bella get herself up and ready for school. She's got it under control. Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Sleeping through the night at 6 months!! Not just through the night but 10+ hours??? How is this possible? I wish... I hope... wouldn't it be nice. I know what you mean, once you get decent sleep after months of insomnia- it's almost worse than the perpetual state of naps. I hope to have that problem soon... candice!