Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ode To My Better Half

I am a lot of things. But most days I realize I am nothing without my better half. He inspires me to be funny, smart, pretty, a better mother, wife, sister, and daughter. So this blog is to him for his impact in my life. This man is so many things - champion husband, world's best father, thoughtful son, dedicated brother, amazing athlete, and all around perfect specimen of human life. Many people don't see the true him, it's not his way. I wouldn't change that and I wouldn't change him because what people don't see is that he is one of the most pure in heart people I have ever met in my entire life. He sees the best in all people, gives mankind the benefit of the doubt, encourages others to be better without any hint of arrogance or conceit. My life changed ever so subtley on July 9, 1999 by meeting him. And now here almost nine years later the impact has been dramatic. My life has been transformed. I am still crazy, spastic, goofy, but I am also kinder, sweeter, happier, and at peace. Here's to him rounding out the rough edges in me and the best nine years ever.

2 comments:

ambyr said...

you're too sweet mary!! I haven't seen him in a long time! yall look the same...that's a good thing. Atleast your still goofy....always stick with that quality:)

Biz said...

Hmmm... I see Dakota is STILL red-headed. Oh, and Travis is amazing. This we know.