Friday, February 29, 2008

My Gut Is Growing

Ahhh. Help me, my gut is growing. There is no baby either, which I know for me is but a small miracle. I feel I am always housing someone, but instead this time it is something - an unborn pouch of fat. I can't help it. Coming home to all these foods I haven't eatten in years, real doughnuts - yum, Faucnut day - how is that spelled? And all these foods that are rich in fat and lard, yes that's just fancy fat from animals. So that by the time I eat I am so excited I gorge myself on them, eatting them so quickly it isn't till I am done that I realize I haven't even tasted them. This problem is only compounded by the fact that I don't quite have a routine for me eatting yet, because every meal time is a busy time of day with feeding the kids, feeding the baby, etc... that by the time I sit down to eat not only am I famished, but things that normally I would have the self control to turn down or away I pig out on, stuffing myself to compensate for the hunger pains that have been there more than an hour. But alas the harvest is ready to reap and I sowed obesity and here it is. So starting a day or two ago, I started the sowing of taste, in hopes that I reap some sliming down. We'll see, but this gut is out of control and has got to go.

4 comments:

whitney allison said...

http://www.ambersechrist.blogspot.com/

I am leaving you her blog so you can read her post entitled: Ode to the Fastnacht. I think you'll enjoy it. We Pennsylvanians sure know how to snack.

Beckie said...

Oh how I know what you mean, as I am currently living with the fam and am not eating the best I have.

nicole said...

Well I just keep finding people. I know I suck. We should have seen each other by now-but quite frankly my gut is so out of control I avoid interaction with people I knew forty pounds ago. Yeah its sad. I'm not pregnant either-but considering it, so that I can at least have an excuse. Seriously, Mary I wanna chat with you.

ambyr said...

HAHA!!! I've never laughed so hard at a post!! YOu are so hilarious! I feel the exact same way when I'm not pregnant. Just snack all day or eat the food that the kids leave behind! That's what I do....of course I am the one who gains 75 pounds each pregnancy-so can you tell I love food!!