Friday, January 16, 2009

What A Man...What a Mighty Fine Man

Today is not just any other day. It marks the 32nd birthday of the best man ever. And I just happen to be so lucky as to be married to him. With a face like this who wouldn't be. Some of my favorite things about Travis is that he is predictable. There aren't any unpleasant unexpected surprises, he is a rock, and in such fashion every year he asks for the same cake - chocolate pudding cake. The one I posted him making a while back. Two years I go I mixed it up though by using green frosting and one gigantic candle.He is hands down the most attentive and loving husband. He would let me do anything in the world. A prime example is that tomorrow night we are having a girls night we are going out to eat and clubbing. A lot of the husbands weren't thrilled, but ended up giving in. My husband was not only excited but talked the other men into it. Yesterday I asked him if there was anything he didn't want me to do since we are going clubbing and I tend to get a little crazy. He looked at me and said have fun I trust you. And he really does. I could dance with another guy, even try to pick him up just to see if I still "got it", dance on the bar, etc...and he would be amused by all these antics. Although faint of heart don't fear I don't really plan to do any of these things. But these were scenarios I ran by him.
This man works hard for the money. He is a super hard worker. His life is very different than I think he ever imagined it growing up but he loves it. He loves his office job most of the time and has grown to not mind dressing in collared shirts and slacks everyday. Above him chilling in work clothes, we have come a long way. He not only works hard but is so intent on having enough time with the kids and me that he often stays up till midnight just to have alone time with me once we get the kids in bed leaving him with four or five hours of sleep a night.
He is the world's best dad. He loves playing with our kids, any kids for that matter, and in most social settings prefers playing with them instead of talking with adults. He gets equally excited over a new Spiderman five weapon blaster toy on Christmas day and takes boxing with Hulk gloves very seriously. Last night as he put the kids to bed I heard him singing his heart out to our kids with Hank Sr. and Jr. songs. Bella got a guitar and the fact that he doesn't know how to play him didn't stop him from strumming his heart out and singing anyway. With such love of life and no fear of being silly who wouldn't love this guy.
Travis is a man's man. He loves sports, outdoor activities like hunting and fishing, he loves camping and will often take our kids camping in the backyard unexpectedly throughout the year. He is super handy, can fix cars, build a house, put together a dresser or any store bought item meant to boggle the brain upon assembly. I really don't think there is much he can't do, well besides play the guitar perhaps, but he did it after all which is exactly why I love him.
Happy Birthday Bear, I hope I can make it just perfect for you. XOXOXO

8 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

Happy happy birthday Travis!!!

whitney allison said...

You forgot to say that his middle name is Danger and that's what else you love about him.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Travis!! Hope it's a great one!!

And don't worry... we'll try to keep Mary off the tables... or maybe we'll just join her so she doesn't get lonely up there! haha! :)

Stacy said...

Tell Travis Happy birthday from us here in Utha.

Beckie said...

A very Happy Birthday to Travis.

Adams said...

As I was reading how you feel about Travis I couldn't help but think of how proud of you he must be. To be loved so much is the greatest compliment...which you obviously do. I think he already got his perfect birthday!

Unknown said...

That is a HUGE candle!! Happy late Birthday Travis!

Sommer said...

Awww veru sweet. He sounds perfect!