Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bargaining With God

Did you ever want something so bad you could barely stand it? You wished for it on the first star each night, waited till the clock had all the same numbers appearing on it to wish again, wishing on each fallen eyelash, and those flower things that float through the air chasing and grasping them wildly to make that wish. You even prayed for it. After all these things didn't work you resort to those last measeures - begging and bargaining with God to get what you want.

Well this is where I am at folks. I have been wishing and pleading with God for snow. It started with three feet plus demands as it does every year. And now in my bargaining I have made a promise to play with my kids unlimited amounts of time in the snow and one foot will due although I am still holding out for the three feet plus. My husband and I we love snow and it seemed while we lived in Utah we got some but not the dumping we had hoped for. And now that we have lived here that past two year nothing, and guess who is getting that snow - Utah. Urgh. What happened to the snow of my childhood, the several blizzards of 90's decade, and the heavens opening up and pouring its peaceful blanket all around? I miss you snow - please come back.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you although I know there are plenty of others that are not with us on this one! I love the snow too... maybe not the shovelling part, but definitely the playing in it part. I need to get a good snowboarding trip in one of these years too!

Have you tried crossing your fingers AND toes? I will do the same! :)

Rachelle said...

i wish it would snow for you! i totally remember those HUGE snow storms in the 90's. man, those were AWESOME! i also wish i lived where it did snow.

Beckie said...

I was telling my father-in-law how sad I am we haven't gotten any real snow this year. I would love to see NYC. I only have been once as a teenager and saw Phantom of the Opera. And still have never been to Philadelphia. I have a sad little box I live in.

Annie Ditto said...

Mary-
You can have our snow!! it has not stopped for weeks! It makes it impossible to go any where and I am SOOO ready for Addison to be back in school! Today was supposed to be the 1st day back, but no....canceled because of SNOW! We are ready for a break! So you can take it! We have WAY more than 3 feet! :)
Annie

Sommer said...

lol, I remember those fun blizzards in the 90's!!! I'm with you, we've been back for 3 years and I've seen nothing, I ready!

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts and would like to revisit, as I like your writings.

If you like reading short stories and paintings, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

Naval Langa
SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
PAINTINGS GALLERIES

Another Interesting Blog
LIFESTYLE AND RELATIONSHIP

nicole said...

I know to be honest I'm starting to get a little pissed. The other day John asked me..when you lived here as a teenager did it ever really snow? I looked at him and tried to contain the rage within me(not at him of course but at the weather that bleepity bleep freezing rain crap)-and replied-yah it did. We just looked at each other and said "what a gyp" The first year we were here we had a couple good snowfalls. But these last three years...I'm pretty sure when we move to Oregon(where they've gotten at least eight inches-and they never do-)it will be dumping here and we'll be stuck in the rain there.