Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow Fun

We love snow at our house. We've established this. So the other day when we were graced with almost six inches of it and then another inch of ice on top we rejoiced. And since Bella was granted the entire day off school we celebrated by playing in it almost all day. We went sledding, made snow angels, had a snow ball fight, and just sat around playing. After an hour or so Kody was done so he went in for a nap while the rest of us played our hearts out. Once inside though we got ourselves yummy cups of hot chocolate filled with marshmellows and all snuggled down for a refueling nap. It was the perfect day if you ask me. Here's hoping for four more feet of it. Yeah!

5 comments:

whitney allison said...

You Whitings and your snow. Silly people. Glad you had fun in it all day though.

Sommer said...

what great pictures!

Staigerfamily said...

You make it sound so fun! BUT. . . I know better. . . snow and I are best kept far apart. Let it snow once a year so the kids can go outside for a few minutes. . . but I'll stay inside toasty warm and get any snow fix I have looking at the adorable pictures of your kids in the snow.

Beckie said...

We are hoping for more and more snow too! And I absolutely love the cupcake cake. What fun. I hope Wyatt enjoyed his birthday.

John and Jennie Hair said...

IT looks like you had loads of fun in the snow. I'm glad that you finally got a bunch of snow there. We've had our fair share here in Utah. Tell your kids hi from mine.