Thursday, January 15, 2009

No Fear

"It was my fear of failure that first kept me from attempting the master work. Now, I'm beginning what I could have started ten years ago. But I'm happy at least that I didn't wait twenty years."

Paulo Coehlo is a brilliant writer, author of my favorite book, and spot on. For years upon years now I have wanted to write a book. I have told very few people if every any because I was afraid of failure, afraid of even trying really, but suddenly I don't have fear anymore...

"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure."

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

More brilliant pearls of wisdom from Paulo. And with those things in mind and a little bit of inspiration as to a topic, I have started my book. It may not be great, it may need tons of editing, but I want to give a voice to my greatest wish.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

That is awesome. I can't wait to read it! I would like to have a signed copy please :) Love you and good luck. My dream is to run in a small marathon (key word some day:)

Anonymous said...

love your courage and words of wisdom. I know all too well the feeling of living in fear and quite frankly i'm tired of feeling like that too. Here's to NO FEAR!

Solviej said...

Go Mary!

kbhull said...

Way to go!!! Can't wait to read it!!

Staigerfamily said...

This is awesome. Way to go! I can't wait to see what you do. I love your writing style.

Mindee Graver said...

It's about dang time!! No, really though, good for you. Do we get a hint on the topic??

Panda said...

wow...go mary!

Candace said...

woo hoo!! way to take that step and be an inspiration to all. thanks!!!

whitney allison said...

If i think its boring after the first chapter do I have to finish it? muahahaha! JK, I'm sure it'll be wonderful.