Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bye Little Ladybugs

These boots have gone the distance. They were the cutest little ladybug boots and they came with a matching raincoat. Every child from Bella to Issac has worn them. And with each owner they have only deteriorated in their condition. The plastic has split showing the fabric lining. The fabric lining has seen better days and decided to give way and split open too. They look beyond thrashed and being the practical person I am I decided to retire them to the trash, all of this in secret of course because every child would wail their dissent with Issac being the most impassioned. But I am sad because Kody won't be able to share in the rainboots legacy. And because yesterday out of the clear blue Issac comes to me and says -ladybug boots. Help me I can't find my ladybug boots. He needed them to jump higher. It broke my heart. I almost ran to the trash can in the garage to retrieve them. But I stayed strong. And today the trash is coming and I know they are sitting at my curb ready to be taken but I am sad. I am not one for sentiment but today I am filled with longing wishing that these boots would have just lasted a little longer two years at most. But alas it is not so.

5 comments:

whitney allison said...

No! Not the Ladybug boots! They will surely be missed by all.

Stacy said...

Oh how I remember those sweet ladybug boots. Yes they will be missed by all. Good by you sweet boots.

Staigerfamily said...

Ohhhhh. . . sweet ladybug boots and trusty hand-me-downs! Poor Kody!

Anonymous said...

They may not ever fully replace these special ladybug boots but I did see some similiar ones at Target back in the garden section! Maybe a close second will make Issac happy? :)

Ashley said...

Ah, the ladybug boots...they will be missed