Thursday, January 1, 2009

Philly - Girl Style

Sparing you all the pictures of Philadelphia's historical and cultural history that are probably better viewed in real life or on the internet anyway I'll get straight to the gist of it. Friday after Christmas we girls, Elizabeth, Bella and I, decided to tour Philadelphia. I always love seeing the sights and love hearing the history retold repeatedly but more on this day I loved the company. Bella running away from Elizabeth. We were playing freeze tag in Independence Hall's quad. Any worry that we might get in trouble was quickly relieved when I saw a gaurd from far off watching and laughing.
Blooming photographer, Bella, took the above picture. She got her own digital camera for Christmas but I didn't want to have to worry about losing it all day so I let her use mine for the day. She couldn't quite get the hang of the auto focus, which is why it is a little blurry, but by later in the day, she had it figured out. The below picture is much clearer.
Bella with Elizabeth. These two next to never tire of each other. Here they are embraced in one of a hundred snuggles that they engaged in that day.
Off course we saw Liberty Bell and the Signing Hall and the likes but the highlights of the day included many gift shops looking for a trinket for Ebet to take home alas none were ever purchased. Also we hit up a street vendor for a beloved Philly Cheese Steak. Yum. I got mine with the onions and sweet peppers. Bella's throat hurt and so she got hot chocolate. Being the considerate mom I am I sampled it first to test for heat knowing that they use super hot water, and I was rewarded with the worst mouth burn of my life. Honestly bubbles should have still been popping because no lie it was boiling. But on the upside I spared my daughters mouth. What are mom's for?
Overall it was a super fun day. The only shadow cast over it was by a maiden voyage of our new GPS taking us into Jersey. Upside cheap gas, full service stations. Absolute highlight...Bella asking why I was not speaking spanish to our gas station attendent. FYI he was Middle Eastern I wouldn't even begin to assume what kind. Ah the innocense of six.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

fun times!

Stacy said...

I love the last pic. Looks like soooo much fun.

candice said...

Looks like fun! Cracked me up with the "should be bubbling still" comment! Oh yes, I have done the same thing... many taste buds singed off for the sake of a child! Glad you could have so much fun with your sis. I love mine too, love to be with her too! Nothing quite like it!