Friday, January 2, 2009

In The Spirit of Insanity...

we took all four kids to NYC between Christmas and New Years. It was very fun and here is our photo journal to prove it. The city as seen from Liberty Island, our first stop of the day. This is the best candid family shot you are ever going to get.
The kids showing off their statue abilities.
Ellis Island - one of my favorite places because of the historical importance. The kids loved all the displays that you could touch and walking amidst them aimlessly.
The ferry going back to Lower Manhatten. Dad took some of the kids on the upper deck.
After a quick stop to the Empire State Building, we then headed to Central Park and the zoo. We knew the kids would have the most fun there. I love this picture and it will forever stay in my mind. Just a father and a son watching the animals unaware of me snapping away. Look at his bear paw hands.
At the children's zoo, there was a spider web. It was great as the kids lost their balance and fell over.
Summing up the day with his infamous grin, Issac thought it was just perfect.
And all is well that ends well... kids conking out on the car ride home.
Or watching tv on the verge of conking out. Don't worry they all slept at some point on the way home. That's what happens when everyone starts the day at five in the morning.
Travis not a fan of the city or all the people there thought it was great for a day but has no plans to go back soon. Although I don't think I want to live there anymore like I once thought I would, I am already planning another trip with the wives, Ashley and Mindee - yeah me and Ashley are planning for you Mindee.

4 comments:

Mindee Graver said...

Yay!! I had no idea the planning had begun, but I'm there!! Just tell me when!

Ashley said...

I am so jealous! Do you mind if I share your pictures with my 4th graders? We are learning about Ellis Island. The pictures might make their learning a little bit more personal. It looks like you had a blast. You're very brave to take all of your kids!

candice said...

HAVE YOU GONE COMPLETELY MAD???? Taking four kids into the city?? You did have Travis with you, that helps. I know you are super determined and courageous, but this is a new level of appreciation I have for you!!!

Sommer said...

wow you are so brave!!! mary I love your family, you make me want more kids! Your children are all absolutly adorable!