Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Update

No pictures since I had a little too much going on, but I'll share the highlights still. Party number two on Saturday morning went good. It was a kid party for Bella. We made frosted sugar cookies in all holiday shapes and sizes. And I am still eatting the leftovers, just trying to get a jump on my holiday 10 lbs.

Saturday we also did Christmas and winter crafts at our library. They had cookies, hot chocolate, and three craft stations set up and one to take home, which is our plan for tonights FHE. Then we did naps to get rejuvenated for the Manheim tree lighting.

So in the square of Manheim, one mile from our house they light the tree, do hot chocolate, and lots of little venders. They hand out goody bags, Santa comes, the local high school choir sings, Cricket's ballet studio comes and dances for the crowd. Oh my cuteness. I so wanted Bella to be a little ballerina after that. But you think they could have gotten those girls some clothes because it was snowing after all which made the tree lighting all the more magical. We also were all led in some group singing by Pastor Bob aka Pastor Rob his real name, but since the MC kept calling him Paster Bob by mistake it took as the crowd literally yelled we like Pastor Bob better. Wonder if it'll stick.

Then after the lighting and several other activities we headed to Representative Tom Creighton's office, which is on the square, to have Mrs. Clause read to the kids. It was great. The kids came home with smiles on their faces and joy in their hearts. And I couldn't help but smile too. My life is perfect and I love this time of year. There is nothing better than living in a small town and having awesome festive events - Dancing in the Streets, our new years eve party is next, openly remembering the birth of Christ as a town, and seeing people you see everywhere like Weis, the library, and walking down Main Street all around you enjoying it too. Manheim may be out of the way, but it is fast becoming the world's cutest city in my eyes.

3 comments:

whitney allison said...

Ok fine, I'll come be Amish with you. Now you tell my husband we're moving.

Stacy said...

Sounds like so much fun. this is truly a great time of year. Love it.

Sommer said...

that made me feel all warm inside =) Sounds like such a perfect day!