Saturday, December 27, 2008

Quake Hits Lancaster County

Shortly after midnight I was awoken to some serious shaking. I knew Travis was awake still and I was thinking what the heck is he doing. At that point he is already up the stairs in our room saying are you alright? It's still shaking so I know it is not him. It stops and we do a quick assessment of the facts/situation. We run down the stairs and out the front door. All of the neighbors are outside. After confirming nothing has crashed into our house/subvision, I let everyone know it was an earthquake. I am the qualified expert after living in Utah for so long. Okay not really, but I have felt little movements. But this one definitely took it to the next level, and it still only measured 3.3 on the richter scale. Crazy stuff people.

8 comments:

We Three Queens said...

Oh sure it was an "earthquake." We know it was really you and Travis doing the wild thing! You didn't want the neighbors to get jealous so you got up and ran out just like they did. Nice save! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Alissa said...

oh how cute. 3.3 is a baby earthquake!

living in SoCal really ruined me.

Emmalee said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I loved my christmas card.

Beckie said...

How neat. I haven ever experienced an earthquake. I am glad everything is ok.

Sommer said...

whoa, crazyness!

Staigerfamily said...

Talk about after christmas excitement! Glad to know I have an earthquake expert friend!

Stacy said...

Well I am glad ev1 is ok.

nicole said...

Hey we felt it too! I forgot to ask you about this. John and I had just laid down-his parents were in bed and his sister was downstairs on the phone. Being California natives they all cried earthquake immediately. In disbelief, I tried to say it was a jet or something flying over(because we have a military base nearby and I hear booms, see military aircraft etc). Because seriously, PA have earthquakes? But the next morning we discovered The californians were right all along. And since we have no snow and it was like 60 degrees it may as well have been CA right?