Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shepard's Dinner

Long time ago, probably before I was born because I can't remember a beginning, our family has had shepard's dinner on Christmas Eve. We used to eat by candlelight foods that the shepards may have eatten. We ate a lot of cheese, tons of different kinds of breads, and fruit mainly. Well over the years it has evolved. Now we do cheese, dips, crackers, different breads that turn into sandwiches, still we do fruit, and then dessert. This year after the bulk of eatting had taken place we played Charades. It was great even the kids got into it. And some who were younger had their parents or aunts help them. Peter doing "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
Michael, now 14, proved to be both brilliant and witty this year not only in his Charades but general commentary, especially when we played a game of hypothetical questions.
Clair, Peter's daughter, eatting a sugar cookie. She is the cutest little girl ever.
Everyone lounging around. It was so good to be with all my siblings and my kids playing with all their cousins. I can't wait till the basement is finished, maybe next year.
Some still sitting at the table and eatting. Notice they are still watching the game going on in the background. I maintain - I love my family. They are the best.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hope you had a great Christmas. Miss you tonz.