Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ebet

So tomorrow is the big day. The day I have been waiting for. Yes my sister is flying into town for the Christmas Holiday. What can I say about this girl well a whole lot good and bad, but I'll spare you the bulk of the details and get straight to the heart of it. She is beautiful. Far more beautiful than me. Prettiest girl in our family hands down, no worries people, I have a good sense of self confidence, but I am not delusional. She is the best aunt in the world. She spoils my kids way more than I ever would. She has special nicknames for them and if she doesn't they beg her incessantly to create one. She takes them on snack food runs to the local gas stations to get their choice of sugary snack and will stop by with surprises for them.She is a great sister. We didn't always get along, but the older we get the more we do. I also have several loving nicknames for her, most of which she hates despite laughing when I call her them. She was a semi-permanent fixture at my house when we lived in Utah. She worked maybe a mile away and so most days for lunch she would hit my house up for leftovers, little chats, and bedtime snuggles. She has become a lover of the Bachelor thanks to my coaxing and I am now a fan of Victoria Secret's Wings show at Christmastime due to her coaxing. I don't know what it is but girls making fools of themselves on National TV does something for me/us.
Most Christmases we spend together. And here is one two years ago when my Mom was in town too. Notice beside her is a Superman blanket my mom got her. She has a strange love for superman, and pretty much all superheros. She can tell you which were Marvel Comics and which were the other comic creator - DC?. Not only that but she may be the most brilliant source of knowledge on pop culture ever. She can tell you most any song being dropped on a given Tuesday, which movies are coming out any weekend, and likely she has listened to and seen all of them within that first day or weekend.
She has been known to drop by unannounced as well, but typically it is a great surprise except for that one time with the italian boy when we lived in south Provo. One day she even cleaned up the pooh that Wyatt so lovingly spread all around the bathroom. I don't know what he was doing. I was just trying not to and then hurling my guts out as she cleaned it up. She has hands down the most fabulous hair you have ever seen. It almost always looks like silk like in the commercials, but feels soft too. She is great at curling hers and I've witnessed people asking her how she does it so well. I have yet to learn the secret, but could probably benefit from the knowledge since most of the time my hair is unkempt.
She is my best friend and I can hardly count down the hours till she is here. She is fiercely loyal and more loving than probably any person I know. She wears her heart on her sleeve and so gets hurt pretty easily, but...because of that when she loves you - you feel more special and loved than when you are loved by any other person. She lets you know it. It will be so fun to have her here. I am sure there will be at least one little cat fight her being her for ten days and all, but in the end I'll be so depressed when she has to go back to Utah. I love this girl and I don't use that term lightly.

8 comments:

Panda said...

what a nice tribute to your sis. lucky you...have fun!

Rachelle said...

so glad your sis is coming to see you.

i loved what you had to say about her. i totally fight with my sisters everytime i see them but i am always sad when we have to leave. that's how sisters are!

have fun!!

kbhull said...

That was so sweet!!! Reading that makes me want to come see you so I can see her.

Stacy said...

So sweet i wish my sis and I were like that but NO not even close. Oh well have fun and thanks for the christmas card love ya all and miss you.

ambyr said...

love that girl too!! Why didn't she stay in PA? Is she back in Utah? isn't most of your family in PA now??!! what a fun christmas!!

Mindee Graver said...

I'm so excited to, but I know she will be here and gone before we know it :( Tonight is the night though!! Drive safe picking her up :) I'll probably see you guys tomorrow :)

Emmalee said...

that is such a change in heart for your sister than when we were in college.

nicole said...

She is great. I love her too. I love both of you. And I have always envied her hair. Its amazing stuff. I think sister love includes a little of the fighting because at least for me we feel like we can be ourselves completely with them-that means ugliness and all and we still love each other in the end because we've been through a lot together and because we know the beauty that always overwhelms the bad in the end.