Friday, December 12, 2008

I Love My WyGuy

Wyatt is perhaps the sweetest boy ever. He is pretty sensitive. He loves kisses and hugs and will give them out anytime they are wanted. And he is one to surprise me with unexpected hugs and kisses too. A mother's dream for sure in terms of affection. That same sensitivity translates to his tv watching habits. Here he is sitting and watching a show. As the show builds anticipation either for a villian or otherwise Wyatt senses it long before others do. He starts to wiggle as he sits with nervous energy. And it isn't long before he has jumped up to a standing position.
And then he starts to wiggle while standing because his nerves make him super antsy. He'll start to suck or chew on his fingers which he is doing below. Lastly if things get really good he'll start jumping up and down. He has also been known to go and hide behind our recliner in the corner.
He responds to all the clues they give him such as music, lighting changes, tempo, etc... And these aren't adult movies these are kids cartoons. His jubilation and joy are just as intense when things are going good in a show. He'll laugh and cheer and squeal with delight. My favorite reaction of all though is when they build a romantic relationship in the plot. He'll shout his disgust with "Ew gross" and the likes. It is all this silliness that makes watching tv with Wyatt so much fun. Man I love this little boy.

2 comments:

Biz said...

That's one good reason I love calling him "buttered popcorn."

I don't know where you were the night I brought over Superman to watch with your family. In the first action sequence when Superman flies through the wing of the plane, Wyatt went "WHOA!"

He is a boy after my own heart... easpecially when he can appreciate subtle nuances.

Sommer said...

HOw fun! I would love to witness that.