Monday, December 15, 2008

A Child's Prayer

"Thank you for the celebration of Hanukah as well as Christmas." Unexpected, yes. This was Bella's prayer after all. I guess it has to do with the fact that her school has been allowed to have a Christmas Program every year as long as they celebrate all religious as well as cultural holidays in it. Sounds like the underpinnings of some flaming lib, but I'll save that rant for another day. Because nothing says Merry Christmas like celebrating a cultural holiday that denies Jesus being the Christ. But all in all, I'm happy she is learning about it, and that she sees value in the beliefs and choices of others.

4 comments:

Panda said...

ha! that's cute. :-)

Mindee Graver said...

This year at Dover they learn of the other Holidays, but the main focus is Christmas. Last year at Lieb they celebrated everything BUT Christmas it seems. You should have heard their "winter program" the only christmas song was Rudolf the red nosed reindeer! I can't even talk about it. I'm just glad they're at a new school this year.

Bella is a sweetheart :)

Anja said...

I actually did not like the recipe for the "cookie" itself, so I still am in search! However, the frosting was good! Oh, and I'm working at a doctors office, it's kind of a long story, but I'm helping them get organized after starting their own practice.

whitney allison said...

Love the new family pic of the week. Everyone is smiling and cute. Well, the baby isn't smiling but he still looks cute.