Monday, April 6, 2009

Food - Isn't It About Time

Truth be told I love to bake, cook, saute what have you. But I don't enjoy doing it while being rushed which means during the week and the bulk of my life cooking just isn't that fun for me.
But the holidays and conference weekend give me a respite and I cook my heart out. Homemade lasagna. Yum. Goodbye Stouffers. And one of my personal favorites Lemon Cream Cake. This was a new recipe. I like it but it could use a little tweaking.
But then the way life always goes I decided to continue the extravaganza. But between Bella's ballet class and parent teacher conferences it just didn't work out as well and I should have known better. Because while trying to make a Happy Birthday Jesus Pie I ruined two different pie crusts. How can I not be able to get a pie crust right. And this is what rushing does to me. So hello Weis and store bought frozen crusts. Store to finished in less than fifteen minutes. I don't know why I bothered.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That cake looks soo yummy!

Rachelle said...

i need that cake recipe!!!! it looks super yummy!

Biz said...

Screw the recipe. I want a piece... of both... now!!

Jenny said...

Yay for homemade lasagna! Was this the recipe that I gave you?
The cake looks delicious. I wish that I could have had some. I do love lemon cake.