Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

This was our first egg hunt of the season. It should have been our second because our first was at the Manheim Sportsman Association. But we left late, forgot to snag the GPS from the other car, and basically got lost. Hey I haven't lived her that long yet. I thought we had gone too far on the road it should have been on and so gave up, but when I got home and checked we hadn't gone far enough down the road. But we had our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. We had like 22 kids and each kid could claim up to 19 eggs in varying sizes, color, and candy. The kids had a blast and then Jen, our fabulous host, had food and drink for the kids and adult. She had this yummy zucchini pizza with real mozarella chunks, oh my word.

So in the spirit of marital harmony I let the first hunt slide without too much fuss knowing we had this one later the same day. And truthfully because I had no one to blame but myself. I'm trying to learn to be flexible - go with the flow. It's a hard concept for me the control freak.

The weather was spectacular for the hunt. And once again I got a little sunburn on my face. Oh I have to find my blasted sunblock. Kody became so intent on his loot. He is really starting to enjoy the festivities. And this was his first ever free for all with chocolate. And yes he did jerk while I was cutting his hair and so there is a weird cut by his ear into the hairline.

Best of all I met some new neighbor's although some names may allude me at least now they will look familiar, arranged some playdates loosely, and got even more geared up for the spring and summer. I love the four seasons.

3 comments:

John and Jennie Hair said...

It looks like your kids had a great easter egg hunt. I love the pictures, especially the one of Kody. He is getting so big.

Mindee Graver said...

Good for you to go with the flow! We have an Egg hunt on Saturday and will do one of our on then too. I still haven't gotten ANYTHING for Easter!! Not even their baskets! I'm such a slacker.. Oh well, they'll have them by Saturday =)

Sommer said...

wow you have such a wonderful neighborhood! How fun that they do stuff like that! Great pictures!