Friday, April 3, 2009

Bring On the Rain

Fact: I love the rain. I adore thunderstorms.
Fact: It was raining like crazy today and thundering a little too.
Fact: I was at WalMart.
Fact: People act like rain is deadly toxin that can't touch them.
Fact: I love to be out in the rain when it is warm; it's cleansing.
Fact: I walked three boys and a shopping cart bursting with groceries to the car through a hard downpour while others watched from the overhang of Walmart for the rain to let up.
Fact: The two inches of water all through the parking lot seeped in my shoes.
Fact: When I closed the trunk of the van after putting all the groceries in, the water the door had collected sloshed on me.
Fact: My fastest windshield wipers weren't really cutting it on the drive home.
Fact: I was going the fastest on the highway at 45 mph.
Fact: I still dig the rain. Bring it on.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

I don't mind the rain but the snow is another story I wish it would stop snowing. I would have loved to see all the water hit you :)

Sommer said...

lol, you're awesome, I wish I could always say the same thing, however it just depends on my mood.

Marissa said...

I'm the same way. Seriously... I always seem to be at walmart during a huge down pour and it does not stop me from going to my car. I even walk, not run. I feel about cloudy, rainy days the way most poeple feel about sunny days. And I definitley live in the wrong state with the way I feel about the sun.

Beckie said...

I too have trudged through rain from Walmart with a cart and kids. Like I have all day for the rain when my kids are hungry. Hope your shoes aren't ruined.

The Doctors Wife said...

Right there with you and been there done that. People just stare like I've lost my marbles.

Biz said...

Love the rain. Miss the rain. Would love to see sopping kids in the rain.

Ashley said...

The rain wouldn't bother me as much... but when my shoes get wet they really stink. TMI, I know.