Monday, April 20, 2009

Dueling Emotions

Kody, my little bitty baby but not so much anymore, just moved from his crib to a big boy toddler bed last week. The same bed that Travis slept in when he was a toddler. The same one that Isabella, Wyatt, and Issac slept in. He was so happy to have a bed and gave me one wide mouthed grin after another. He posed as if he knew exactly what to do. He then showed me how he laid in it and slept at night. And I have only been awakened to a thud of him falling out of bed once or twice. He actually takes naps much better in this bed than the crib realizing that if he isn't tired he can play for a bit before climbing back in and finally snuggling down to business. But mainly when I lay him down he flips from his back to his stomach, pokes his butt in the air, and smashes his face into the mattress waiting for me to throw his blanket over him. See the pose below for a visual. Sometimes in the night or early morning hours though he will sneak over to the other bed in his room, the guest bed. I guess he sees it and thinks that this bed is even bigger and better. And I love that he is growing up and becoming independent and hitting milestone after milestone cruising past them at the speed of light. But sometimes I will stop and watch trying to remember every moment, smile, sound - freezing this picture in my mind. So that when he is older and no longer snuggling down, butt up in the air I can still remember it fondly. Because these are my favorite moments and I have no gaurentee that the teen years will be filled with such cute ones.

5 comments:

Marissa said...

My girls do the same thing with their little butts in the air and tucking their arms underneath. They also do a little butt wiggle.

Mindee Graver said...

So sweet... and yes enjoy it while you can. Zac no longer sleeps on his stomach with his butt in the air... I love it when little kids sleep like that =)

I love the Manheim days post... yes, you do live off the beaten path, but so fun to have a day like that. And with everything FREE!! That is Awesome!!

Biz said...

MMaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy!!!

Adams said...

Hyrum does that too and then wiggles his little bootie back and forth. It's a fun stage, huh?!

Beckie said...

Wow the kids are growing so fast. You don't have any in a crib?! How is that feeling? I love our kids crib, I don't know how I will ever let it go.