Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Chapter Closing

Well as Bella's trial dance lessons come to a close I am forced to decide how much ballet is worth to our little family. It is a little chunk of change each month that I am just not sure we have right now. But after class while talking to Bella's teacher she said to me referring to Bella "She is crazy good." Yeah the teacher is younger and that explains the language but the sentiment was not lost on me. She is really good and I would have never known without seeing for myself. She then told me about the place where she teaches and about a competitive ballet team she has that she wants Bella to participate in. She told me how she picks things up quickly and how she naturally has good lines. And Bella loves it. Oh the choices we must make. And I have a ton of pics and videos and this might not be the best but it was from her last night during warm up and I love it.

Then we continued on to Bella's parent teacher conference. Her report card was impecable so I didn't have much to ask the teacher. But she told me how smart Bella was and what a joy she was and she told me about different sides of Bella that I don't get to see. I am just filled with gratitude to have such a wonderful daughter. Two incredible feedbacks from two totally different people makes me buzz with excitement. You always love your child and think they are wonderful and perfect in everyway but it's always a thrill when other unbiased bystanders think so too.

2 comments:

whitney allison said...

Ballet can be quite pricey its true! Just wait till she wants to do jazz and ballet and watch it all double. I don't know what to tell you...I know I liked being a ballerina and she looks pretty cute in her little purple leotard.

Panda said...

so cute...best in the class!