Friday, April 24, 2009

Date Night Art

For date night this week Travis and I went to gallery row in Lancaster to look at art. One of the pieces we looked at was a photograph.
Do you all remember Pat from Saturday Night Live and her questionable gender? Well the photo was of a naked person. And I was quite sure it was a boy. Travis on the other hand felt confident it was a girl. We sat and debated for a few minutes until I deduced that perhaps that was the art.
Crying shame to not be able to distinguish with definity the sex of a naked person. And it wasn't from lack of effort. At one point my face was mere inches from the picture examining it with intense scrutiny.
In the end neither of us could be convinced the other was right. And the rest of our date night was spent giggling as we debated it.
Oh how I love me some "good" art.

7 comments:

Sommer said...

that is so funny! I'm glad you guys had fun, that's a really fun idea for a date!

nicole said...

"art" is always better when you have somebody to "appreciate" it with.

Biz said...

What kind of hair style did it have?

Gina Spidel said...

Oh Yeah Elizabeth, like that will solve the issue :)

Stacy said...

Oh now that is funny and sad at the same time :)

ambyr said...

how in the world?!! I have to see this pic!!! that's so crazy!

Ashley said...

Story's still good the second time around; laughed out loud when I saw the title.