Thursday, April 16, 2009

Finally

It's about blimey time. This first loose tooth has been the death of me. It was a constant chorus of ouches at every meal time. Plus I was so excited I just wanted to yank it out. I mean this is a first for me as a mother too.
I can't say that she was particularly brave in the face of pain because she wasn't which is what made this process such a long and painful one.
She does drive a hard bargain and because of that Dad finally was allowed to pull it out with the promise of taking her out of school for a lunch date, letting her stay up late last night, Wyatt too, and other minor details.
And I love how each smile is so big, so filled with pure delight that her eyes disappear. I knew she would be happy once the fear was gone.
And of course she wrote a note to the tooth fairy describing the ordeal. And the tooth fairy brought her a dollar and left a note of her own. And this morning when she found these items excited soft chatter filled our morning routine and the smiles continued as she told me that Landon from class was wrong that the tooth fairy does exist and that maybe the tooth fairy didn't come get his tooth because his mom did instead and left a pack of gum.
The innocence and joy in a small child are worth more than any priceless gift.

3 comments:

whitney allison said...

Check our your blinged out blog. Totally fun that she lost her tooth. She knows how to wheel and deal.

Sommer said...

she has such a gorgeous smile!

Brittni said...

Finally, she let you take it out...haha