Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Musings and Mutterings

How is it that I can:
Do two breakfast shifts
Clean up the kitchen
Get four kids dressed
Put one on the bus
Write in my journal
Read 20 real emails
Answer 10 of them
Mull over the answers to five
Read a 37 page lending document every word
Have three little boys do their chores
Do four loads of laundry
Fold two loads
Cancel my cable
Eat one breakfast on the go
Drop off library books
Pick up a barfing Bella from school
Vacuum about 1900 sq. ft of carpeting
Feed Bella a light snack
Put her in bed with a bowl just in case
Get lunch for three boys made
Sweep an additional 400 sq. ft of floors
Clean up the lunch mess
Wash three boys hands and faces
And
Write a blog entry all before 1 pm
And Still Feel Like
I have accomplished nothing today.

6 comments:

whitney allison said...

You cancelled your cable?

Cheri said...

Whitney, you crack me up!! Mary, what memories that brought back to me...... ah,motherhood!

Staigerfamily said...

Man, it makes me feel tired just reading this! Very, very impressive. . . but I know that feeling well. . . you do SO MUCH but it feels like SO LITTLE. Very Frustrating.

Mindee Graver said...

Sorry our kids got Bella sick =( We thought everyone was better. Nicolas got it yesterday and I had to go pick him up from school as well because he was throwing up. Hope she feels better soon.

John and Jennie Hair said...

You are an amazing mother with all that you do. But as you, I have definetely felt that feeling of not accomplishing much. But at least our kids are taken care of right?! I hope Bella feels better!

Sommer said...

Don't you hate that! But man oh man you sure are one busy mama!!!