Monday, May 25, 2009

BFF

This weekend my good friend came to visit. We can do something or nothing and it is always fun. This weekend we went to the park, went to the pool, watched movies, and stayed up late talking.
She is the best mother as witnessed by the smiles on her and her sons face. She is attentive and fun. And nothing makes me think I am a good mother like one of her praise sessions. And nothing makes me think I can be a better mother than one of her famous pep talks.
She is one of the toughest women I have ever met. As she challenged me to a pushup contest and sit up contest this weekend winning in both. But I never mind losing to her because once in college she did pushups with Travis laying on her back and since then has forever proved to be a worthy opponent.
Our kids got along pretty fabulously as Lainey followed the older kids around never afraid of their rough and tumble playing but joining right in. And Wrigley and Kody found some semblance of peace despite Kody's inability to share anything because Wrigley shares willingly.

In a couple weeks I head out to Pittsburgh to continue the fun and in August we're taking our kids to the beach for a week. I can't wait. She is the most fun to be with. And it probably helps that she is the female version of Travis, sort of quiet but secretly hilarious, grounded and kind, and next to perfect.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

kbhull said...

make me cry---- i miss you guys already!!the whole way home lainey wanted to go to cody's house and as we pulled in to our house she cried cause she wanted to go to mary house!! can't wait for the next visit!!

Sommer said...

wow she sounds like the perfect, ideal friend! How wonderful to have a friend like her!

candice said...

I must say, I'm impressed with the pushups and situps! I know how eager you were to arm wrestle, so she must be super tough!! It's so nice to have great friends. It's even nicer to be able to spend time with them! Lucky You!!!