Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm Losing My Mind

Today nearing the end of lunch I started to smell a funk. I guessed Kody had pooped. I decided to wait to change him after he finished eatting otherwise he might not eat anymore once I got him down from the table. But once I got everyone cleaned up and down from the table the boys started running like crazy around the living room. I sat down, grabbed a diaper, some wipes, and called Kody. Of course he ran in the opposite direction once again joining the mix of crazy running boys.

As he neared me, I reached out, plucked him away, and laid him down in one quick fluid motion ripped off his pants. I knew I had to make this quick or he would start crying. I see undies, rip them off, thinking oh no he has pooped himself. It is at this point I realize in mere seconds I have by accident plucked Issac, laid him down, and disrobbed him to nakedness in one quick fluid motion.

After redressing him and apologizing, he gives me a hug and kiss and just smiles. I think he senses there is a fragile balance of sanity in play in my head or he just appreciated the few seconds nakedness. Either way after that I once again practice the quick fluid motion thing except this time with the right child. In the end it wasn't near as quick or fluid.

5 comments:

Biz said...

I think this is my favorite story in awhile. That's FUNNY!

kbhull said...

so funny!! got to love those mother moments!!so i lost all my phone numbers so either email them to me or call me!

Staigerfamily said...

This made my day. . . too funny!

whitney allison said...

Oh my hilarious! This is a good one.

Ashley said...

lol, that is so funny. The poop, not so funny, poor you!