Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Belated Birthday + Dance = Fun Times

For Bella's birthday we had over cousins for a little party and to spend the night. And although it was super fun Bella was still a little sad to miss out on picking somewhere special to go and going out to eat.

Last night BYU Ballroom Dance Company was in town and so for her birthday our family went there to see that. It was perfectly fitting as she is starting a love affair with dancing. Her only downside was there was no ballet. I'll have to find some ballet tickets for just us girls sometime in the near future.

The upside was she loved it as well as the boys. Wyatt bounced in his seat on occasion during the numbers he really liked. Issac and Kody both held out really well too. Kody lost interest a little after an hour, but was content to sit in the aisle and Issac lost interest after an a hour and a half decided to join Kody in the aisle.

Bella's favorite were the last two numbers one where at the boys snap/clap the girls dresses changed and the other a very fierce black and red flamenco style dance. Overall we all had a blast. On the way home we hit up McDonalds for a tasty treat of cones or sundaes. Mmm Perfection.

4 comments:

Mindee Graver said...

Let me know if you do get tickets to a ballet, Bethanee and I would love to go too =) I love all that stuff and Benj hates it... just have to go with my girls then =)

Panda said...

we ended up leaving after the hairspray act jack and nate had about all they could take! :-)

nicole said...

Yay I was there too but didn't see ya. It was fun-and Mindee-I feel ya I went with Jess, Colette(and kids) and my mom because I couldn't get my man to go either-

Sommer said...

oh I love watching ballroom dance, how fun! I still remember going to that when I was a little girl!