Monday, February 9, 2009

Tis The Season

With all the jollyness of Christmas and snow comes also the flu season. To this point my family had been spared as I heard horror story after story of sick kids and all that goes with it. I was feeling pretty smug having been saved and hoping that I could exit the winter season without incidence. Alas I could not. Someone infected my kid and since he woke up Monday morning at six barfing for the first time I am going to assume it was some snotty nosed kid at church (no real hard feelings anonymous little kid). Regardless he has barfed at least 6 times since. And what I have learned is this. I am just as crappy as ever at dealing with this kind of stuff. I have always had what is arguably the weakest stomach ever. And I still gag and hold my breath as I help my kids get cleaned up.

And secondly I learned that for every way that Issac is like me this is just another one. He watched Wyatt throw up this morning and spent the next five minutes dry heaving. Now I have to shout for him to get away when Wyatt gets started so I won't end up cleaning double the fun. Because I then for sure would lose it as well. My mom always said I would outgrow this once I had kids but I think she is insane because four kids later it is the way its always been. Pretty flaming horrible.

10 comments:

Stacy said...

I am so sorry I to get that way when my kids are throwing up. I hope your other kids don't get it. maybe travis will have to stay home and help. :)

Laura Lynn said...

Hi! It's Reese and Blair's mom. I enjoy reading your blog!
I am hoping to escape this season without incident also but who knows. I still can't clean up after my kids either. Jon has to do it for me, ha ha. Maybe I'll put surgical masks on the kids next Sunday just in case!

Jenny said...

Awww. Sorry that he's sick. I hope that he gets better soon and that no one else gets it too.

whitney allison said...

I'm totally cracking up about Isaac dry heaving! Throwing up really is the grossest thing though. It's just terrible.

Solviej said...

Awww poor Wyatt! I promise it didn't come from me. Hope he is all better soon.

Ashley said...

Poor boys! Hope the barfing madness ends soon for you, oh right, and for them too! :)

ckw said...

Double the fun? :) Interesting verbage. Hope the end is in sight.

Sommer said...

Yuck! The joys of motherhood! Hang in there!

Staigerfamily said...

Oh I am so sorry! We have been doing the flu thing around our house too and I wouldn't wish it on ANYONE. Hang in there!

Campbell Family said...

AHH, you caught it. I know it's been going around. GROSS! We've haven't gotten it yet, but I probably just jinxed myself by typing that. :)