Thursday, February 26, 2009

Issac Summed Up

Issac at a couple months old. This picture will be three years old in June. My I-man is three and I have known since shortly after he joined our family that he would be full of mischief. This grin is one I have seen all to often in his life. And today I got this same grin on just an older looking version of this face. Here is the conversation that provoked such total merriment.

Background: I'm carrying Issac upstairs for the potty and naptime.

Issac: Toilet paper is white.
Me: Toilet paper is white!
Issac: I have white on my shirt.
Me: You do but what color is your shirt? (Issac has known his colors for a while. But it is red with little blue and white stripes.)
Issac: Yellow
Me (thinking let's roll with this and see where it goes): Your shirt isss yellow.
Issac: Yup.
Me: Yellow like the sun.
Issac: Giggles that are giving way to hysterics.
Me: What? The sun isn't yellow?
Issac: No the sun is yellow, Mom.
Me: Oh. So your shirt is yellow like the sun.
Issac: My shirt isn't yellow. (more giggles)
Me: What color is it?
Issac: Red, silly! (giggles, giggles, more giggles)
Me: Oh then why did you say it was yellow when you knew it was red all along?
Issac: I like to tease you. (And he snuggles into my arms as I carry him craddle style to his bed)

I love this smile and I love love moments like these.

4 comments:

Beckie said...

Too cute. I love your fastnachts! I had a crazy day so I went and bought mine!

Staigerfamily said...

Gotta love those silly moments. . . I can almost hear the giggles. Funny kids.

Sommer said...

me too, how sweet is that!

Laura Lynn said...

So cute and smart too! It's fun to interact with them on their new levels. He already knows how to tease you - how cute is he.
You can come anytime w/me to the flea market. I go to the one in Middletown. They can be intimidating at first. It took me a little while to get comfortable but once you are, it is so fun!