Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Priorities People

My husband has many talents; everyday I am impressed to learn something new he can do. Cooking has never been one of those talkents. His college diet horrified me. And upon telling him that I was writing this blog he quipped, " I can cook. I do noodles with cream of chicken, ramen noodles, and macaroni and cheese." And I rest my case. Three types of boxed, prepackaged, processed noodles creations. But the other night I was away and I when I came home I found this. This is what our family calls "Chocolate Pudding Cake" aka "Treila's Transgression" lovingly named after his mother who is the originator of this fabulous decadence. This is not for the faint of heart people, you have to have a severe sweet tooth to compete in this category.Travis may not be able to cook but he is a baking expert. Since that is his favorite kind of food I shouldn't be surprised. I have known many people to say that Travis made the best chocolate chip cookies they had ever eatten and that is a feat since every person swears they have the best CCC recipe. He can bake many cookies, cakes, and chocolate surprises. Just wait till the holiday season is in full swing and you'll catch this man in the kitchen making "Puppy Chow". Maybe he can't cook, but everyone needs to have priorities and according to him he has his all figured out in the foods department. And on a final note how does one consume pure sugar and calories and stay so slim? Yeah he ate this whole cake himself minus three pieces. One for me (of course I had to try it, Travis ended up finishing my piece) and the three kids split the equivalent of two normal pieces. This whole thing polished off in 24 hours no less. He is a man of many talents after all. Gotta love this guy.

4 comments:

Mindee Graver said...

Travis is a man after my own heart. I can't wait to try this cake over the holidays! I know everytime you come over I need to have ccc or brownies or some kind of treat.....not for the kids, no,no.... for Travis! :)

P.S. I need to try his cookies, to my knowledge yours are the best I've had. Thanks again for the recipie :) I'm making some more agian today!

Emmalee said...

I do really miss Travis's Puppy Chow. I don't know if I told you but I'm still looking for tickets to come out and visit and I just might have to get him to make some good ole puppy show for me.

Biz said...

I NEED PUPPY CHOW NOW!

John and Jennie Hair said...

That cake looks divine!! I loved your post about boys and trains. It looked like your boys had a great time. My boys would definetly be on there with them if they could.