Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Priceless

wrong voting location - 1
right voting location - 1
minutes to get from the road into the parking lot - 25
minutes to get a parking spot - 12
minutes waiting in poll lines to vote - 67
little boys not wanting to wait in long poll lines - 3
jumps to the front for a last name from M-Z - 1
drops of sweat dripping down my spinal column - 176
minutes at the front before we got our ballot - 27
comments about my full hands with three boys - 13
offers of assistance - 1
comments on the nature of Kody's red hair - 7
poll workers hassling me about my license - 1
other form of identification shown - 1
ballet cast - 1
comments on how well I did despite three kids - 5
showing my kids that voting matters - Priceless

7 comments:

whitney allison said...

Whoa man, whoa! At least there you know it matters, here it might seem a little pointless after the first 25 minutes of not even making it into the parking lot. I think my total time including travel, parking, waiting in line and actual voting was about 15 minutes, although I did go at 7am. Yikes.

Mindee Graver said...

I'm with Whitney. Driving all of 1 maybe 2 minutes to the firehouse, no wait for parking, 3 people infront of me in line, took maybe 10 minutes in all tell I was back home, but I did go at 8:30am. Sorry yours took so long. :(

Panda said...

yes, what a great lesson for the kids. :-) i went at 7:50. i could walk to ours--like 2 blocks away. walked right to the front of m-z, walked right to an open booth, and walked out the door in like 5 min. you are "super mom!"

Sommer said...

That was such a sweet post Mary! Good job for setting a good example!

Anja said...

look at you go! i'm lucky that oregon is a state where we can only vote through the mail, i don't have to go anywhere but my kitchen table!

Candace said...

I'm so jealous!! We weren't registered in time to vote (grrr) But before I knew that I wasn't registered I took the girls to vote early...and Maddy thought it was so cool. even if we didn't get to vote. Way to go!!

Adams said...

Very impressive, Mary!