Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And I'm Done

Seriously. I'm not joking. I have been sewing like a little Chinese slave child in some small village in a sweatshop. It started all nice like, when I was inspired by autumn to make a beautiful quilt. Before I was even done that, I felt ready to be done sewing. But I finished. But not before committing myself to have some quilts done for Enrichment. For our Christmas Enrichment we are having several activities one of them quilt tying; as the Enrichment Committee leader I had the fun oppurtunity to sew quilts to be tied. I sewed this purple one which I actually love and want, and then cut squares for another one that I subbed out the sewing to. She finished the top. Now I need to place the batting and backing and we are done.
And hopefully I will not be sewing any more quilts for a very long time. No more sweatshop labor for me. Leave that for the little kids, because it is just hard work.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

It looks Awesome. You are so Funny. I love to read your posts you make me Laugh and cry all the time. I wish my life was more exciting but I feel i'm a hurmet in my house. I don't talk to anyone much. maybe once every two weeks. I am feeling like it is time to move. So is Mike so we are up dating his resum to see what we can find.

whitney allison said...

Man, you'd never know someone else finished your Laurel project quilt! Look at how far you've come.

Unknown said...

I love the colors! You did a great job!!

Sommer said...

lol, you crack me up Mary! It look fabulous!