Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm So Disappointed

And that is all I can say about that. And below is a picture from the road of the traffic trying to get into the polling place. Crazy. On a more happy note fall colors are at their prime, and although this day was overcast it was one of the most beautiful drives ever. And like everyone else has said the pictures don't do it justice. Wonder why that is. Anyway this was also my inspiration for the next picture.
This is my 455 piece "wanna be" Amish quilt. I have had the fabric and have wanted to do it for some time. Now was the time. I found this fabulous brown suede fabric to back it with so it is super soft. It turned out okay not my best work. I was in a hurry to finish it so I could use it this fall, but I love the look - remind me never to do it again though.



11 comments:

Alissa said...

the quilt is totally fantastic! and oh man do i miss those autumn leaves.

Biz said...

Miss Mary... you ARE amish. I know you moved there in an effort to study the people in order to better your crafting skills. What's next? Wood working? A picnic table, perhaps?

Campbell Family said...

Wow. I didn't know you were a quilter. It's beautiful! And I also love your post before this one. I felt a lot the same way, waiting in line with 2 little kids. not fun.

nicole said...

me too honey, me too.
Love the colors. I can't get enough of them this year. And I love the quilt. I didn't even know you did stuff like that.

Ashley said...

I love the quilt! The voting building was crazy here too! At least you got out. Your family is too cute!

Staigerfamily said...

Have to say it. . .your disapointment is my jubilation! Looks like we were on different sides of the fence! The quilt is AMAZING!!!! I am super impressed. I cannot believe how much work that must have taken. incredible!
I can't wait to see your next project!

Beckie said...

Love the quilt, love the colors and love you!

Sommer said...

Yes I am also VERY dissapointed and still trying to recover. The quilt is amazing!

The Robisons said...

You are so crafty...who knew?? I try to be but am HORRIBLE!!! LOL thanks for the comment the other day...he's doing much better now!

Jenny said...

Good job on your quilt!

Anonymous said...

Turned out great, you're quite the crafter! :)