Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bring On The Snow

Yesterday we had our first flakes of snow. It was enough to dust the trampoline and send my boys out to try and lick it off. Yum. It is "supposed" to snow tomorrow more and all I have to say is Bring IT. This is coming from the girl who loves snow, whose husband on a daily basis in winter times prays for over three feet of it at once, whose family can't help but go out and play in it even if not properly dressed for it. So in hopes of welcoming more snow, at least three feet, here are my favorite snow pictures from the last three years.

Here is me teaching Elizabeth to love the snow. You have to become one with the snow. Making snow angels in everyday clothing without a coat helps you to become one with the snow. Yes those are my calves exposed. I was wearing capri gym pants at the time. ONe with the snow I tell ya. Dec. 06
Here is one of my favorite trips. West Yellowstone trip January of 07. Snowmobiling all day and we scored this sweet shot. I love Yellowstone, I love snowmobiling, I love Travis. Here it is easy to be one with the snow.
Here are the three kids sledding together. Perhaps not the best picture of any one of them. But seeing all three of them enjoying the snow and sledding makes my heart feel all warm and tingly. Jan 08.
Here is wishing for those three feet of snow and many more great snow pictures.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the snow as well! I'm just like you were I wish for feet upon feet of snow in the winter!

Also, the Mark on my comments wasn't my brother. It is Trevor's friend from WA. My Mark would never leave such a serious comment! Plus I think he has maybe looked at my blog once! :)

We Three Queens said...

A Kindred Spirit!! I love the snow, especially when it's falling after dark and you can see it in the street lights. When we first moved here from Utah I was in snow withdrawal until our 3rd winter when we actually had a 12"+ snow. I was in my glory... I actually felt renewed. So I'm with you... BRING IT ON!!

whitney allison said...

You know what's weird? Growing up I loved the snow...because it meant snow days and you could actually take a day to enjoy it. Now it just means a rough commute. I must say I'm a little disappointed to not see a picture of you being thrown off of an innertube pulled by a rope attached to a truck. I guess those were the days before digital though.

Biz said...

Oh man. You know how I feel about snow. But I do love that picture b/c you had me laughing so much that night. And I remember not being "dressed" to make angels. My bare back is actually lying against the snow in that picture.

As for the last picture... send me the file and I'll photoshop in beautiful snow. It won't be honest but it'll make for a great winter picture of your kids.