Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Laughing Out Loud

While at the library the other day, I heard a friend laughing out loud while reading. That is some good stuff and I wanted in on that action. It was a book entitled "Sh*t My Dad Says". And like the title the book is filled with profanity so if that is not your cup of tea, pass on this one, otherwise I dare you to read it and not laugh. Favorites include (editted):


On Accidents:
"I don't give a crap how it happened, the window is broken....Wait, why is there syrup everywhere? Okay, you know what? Now I give a crap how it happened. Let's hear it."

On Accidentally Eating Dog Treats:
"Snausages? I've been eating dog treats? Why would you put them on the counter where the rest of the food is? Screw it, they're delicious. I will not be shamed by this.

On Bob Saget's Demeanor While Hosting America's Funniest Home Videos:
"Remember that face. That's the face of a man who hates himself." and...

On My Bloody Nose:
"What happened? Did somebody punch you in the face?!...The what? The air is dry? Do me a favor and tell people you got punched in the face."

Justin Halpern is funny or his father is and his recounting skills aren't shabby either. Regardless his self depracating humor, or rather his father's humor at his expense, is often centered around his social skills and looks. With no author picture by the end of the book I had fantsized about a nontraditional hunk based upon his inherent sense of humor, but after Googling him he is everything the book jokes about. A very normal looking, average guy whose dad is filled with piss and vinegar which he spews forth without provacation.

2 comments:

candice said...

Sounds Hillarious!!!

Jenny said...

Those are good!