Friday, August 27, 2010

Remembering

Upon reaching ten years of wedded bliss, Travis and I realized that Wednesday was not a practical day to celebrate not even considering his responsibilities as Scout Master to attend a Court of Honor that night. So we quickly scheduled Friday night and secured a babysitter. One of my besties recommended her three top dining hotspots and because she is a foodie I totally trusted her judgement. After revieiwing the online menus, choice 1 was a bit too exotic for Travis and I knew he would find nothing he to eat there. So bestie and I made follow up plans to visit there another time. Choice 2 seemed to have a couple of options that would appease Travis's tastebuds while stretching his ideas about dinner, namely that it should consist of a piece of meat and some potatoe product. Checkers Bistro in downtown Lancaster proved amazing. And radical yet amazing food aside, Shrimp and Lobster Tamales and Open Faced Seafood Brushetta, we had such a good time reliving our most joyful moments, our biggest fights, and our greatest accomplishments in those ten years. And I walked away even more in love with the man I married.And for one more walk down memory lane, I had secretly set up some miniture golfing for us after dinner. This was our first date activity. We had competed fiercely the night of our first offical date, also my 18th birthday, and I had won by one stroke. Stored in my scrapbook for safekeeping many years later I recalculated the scores on the scorecard to discover we had actually tied. And on the rare occasions of miniture golfing since we still compete somewhat fiercely alternating who wins. And so it is with our marriage, each of us through our own actions bolsters the other to do their best. And on the way home and tons of ridiculous photos we found that we are still having as much fun as ever. And I couldn't be happier about that and the prospect of another ten years.

(Yes I know that these are not flattering shots and our eyes are shut, but we are happy!)

4 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary!

Solviej said...

Happy Anniversry. You're such a great couple!

Kristi Avery said...

I remember that. I can't believe the 10 year conspiracy that Mary has held, the knowledge that you tied. Wow!! Just kidding. Congratulations guys we love ya,

Carl and Kristi.

Sommer said...

Happy ten years together, you guys are one of the cutest couples I've ever known!